Second I want to thank Karen for organizing this Diabetes Blog Week. I suggest it become an annual thing.
Okay now on to the topic at hand. What will life be like when there is a cure. (It makes me teary just thinking about it) Like I mentioned yesterday I've had diabetes a long time. I was three years old when I was diagnosed, so I don't remember much of life before, other than being really really sick.
I have seen every single article in the last two plus decade that claims "potential diabetes cure" only to watch it fizzle away. But that does not discourage me. I still hold onto hope that there is a cure in my future.
There are a few highlights I look forward to when Diabetes is eradicated;
- I will never have to explain my food choices to anyone again
- No one will stare at the gadgets on my body
- or ask me about my "pager"
- No one will ever tell me about how their best friends great uncle died because he didn't take care of his diabetes.
- No more little kids will be diagnosed and have to spend years waiting and hoping for a cure.
So to researchers everywhere, please don't disappoint me.
To my friends and family (and the world as a whole) please support JDRF.