Sunday, May 16, 2010

I Still Have Hope

First I need to say HAPPY BIRTHDAY to my wonderful husband. We are going to Club 33 at Disneyland, thanks to a good friend who has a membership.

Second I want to thank Karen for organizing this Diabetes Blog Week. I suggest it become an annual thing.

Okay now on to the topic at hand. What will life be like when there is a cure. (It makes me teary just thinking about it) Like I mentioned yesterday I've had diabetes a long time. I was three years old when I was diagnosed, so I don't remember much of life before, other than being really really sick.

I have seen every single article in the last two plus decade that claims "potential diabetes cure" only to watch it fizzle away. But that does not discourage me. I still hold onto hope that there is a cure in my future.

There are a few highlights I look forward to when Diabetes is eradicated;
  • I will never have to explain my food choices to anyone again
  • No one will stare at the gadgets on my body 
  • or ask me about my "pager"
  • No one will ever tell me about how their best friends great uncle died because he didn't take care of his diabetes. 
  • No more little kids will be diagnosed and have to spend years waiting and hoping for a cure. 
So to researchers everywhere, please don't disappoint me. 
To my friends and family (and the world as a whole) please support JDRF


2 comments:

  1. It's refreshing to read someone say that hope is still alive. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I agree, don't let us down - keep plugging away! We're still hoping.

    ReplyDelete