Saturday, May 29, 2010

Better late than never

I promised nearly three weeks ago a post about my thoughts on the "scandalous"  Miss USA photos; even though it is old news now I still feel it necessary to voice my opinion. Having pageant experience myself I am entitled to speak on the issue.

You can view the girls here

I don't have a problem with the photos. (ok you can pick your jaw up off the floor now.) In my not so humble opinion these photos are exactly what the Miss USA program is all about and I think Trump finally got it right. The type of girls Miss USA attracts are not looking to be the next president of the UN or Nobel prize winner. These girls want to be models, and they should be, they are gorgeous. The photos that were taken will certainly help their modeling careers, not to mention the television ratings for Miss USA. Although I do find it truly interesting that the highest rated photo is Miss Indiana, who is "fully" (i use the term loosely) clothed.

I just think it is important that you understand the difference between the values of the Miss USA program and those of Miss America. They are two different organizations with different ideals. You would never ever catch a Miss America girl taking those kinds of photos. They are too sweet and innocent to even know about sex! And they certainly don't own any lingerie. 

In the interest of full disclosure I have never competed with the Miss USA program, however I have competed in the Miss America system. 

No comments:

Post a Comment