Saturday, May 1, 2010

Happy May


It is May first. You might be asking why am I stating the obvious? No, good reason at all, except that I am going to plan on posting everyday in May.

I got an e-mail from NaBloPoMo that the theme for May blogging is "Look up" and I think it is perfect timing to coincide with my visit to help out at Camp Chinnock today. You see when I was a camper (and on staff) Camp Chinnock offered the YMCA ragger program to us. I have my Brown Rag, which is a challenge to serve God, be humble and become more aware of the needs of others. I am still working towards my Gold Rag. You can learn more about the YMCA ragger program here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rags_and_Leathers_Program. One thing I always have loved about the program is the ragger's creed;

I would be true, for there are those who trust me;
I would be pure, for there are those who care;
I would be strong, for there is much to suffer;
I would be brave, for there is much to dare;
I would be friend to all - the foe, the friendless;
I would be giving, and forget the gift;
I would be humble, for I know my weakness;
I would look up, and laugh, and love and lift.

It is the last two lines that really speak to me. I will be humble, ugh it gets me every time! Anyway I think it is a great beginning to a month of post about looking up. And with that I am off to Camp.

No comments:

Post a Comment