Sunday, August 1, 2010

A Simple Request

I have some good news and some bad news...

The good news is that I have had diabetes for 25 years and I am still healthy and complication free.

The bad news is that I still have type 1 diabetes, and will have it for the rest of my life until we find a cure.

Anyone with type 1 diabetes will tell you that it's a roller coaster ride. A lot of times stuff just doesn't make sense and there's not much you can do about it. There are days when you keep eating non-stop just to keep your blood sugar at a normal level and then there are days when you have no idea why your blood sugar is off the charts.

It's because of the "bad news" that I am again taking part in the JDRF Walk to Cure Diabetes. This will be my second time participating and I am really excited! I have two goals this year:

1. Create awareness by having at least 50 people (two for each year I have had diabetes) walking with me on Saturday, October 2nd at Guasti Regional Park in Ontario.

2. Fund research that can lead to breakthrough cures and treatments for type 1 diabetes and its complications by raising $1,000.

So...

1. If you live in the Inland Empire or would like to visit at the beginning of October, I would love to have you on my team!
Simply click here to sign-up to walk with us. My team is The Mad March Harer's. I am hoping to have team t-shirts for everyone, but also if you raise $100, you will receive the famous JDRF sneaker t-shirt. Note that you do not have to raise money in order to walk with us, but are more than welcome to do so, if you wish.

2. If you're able to, we would love for you to donate to JDRF! Simply go here and click on Donate to A Walker.

Thank you so much in advance for your support!





PS: this letter template was "stolen" from Death of a Pancreas.

No comments:

Post a Comment