Saturday, July 31, 2010

I'm growing

We are all friends here, which is why I have no problem telling you all that I do not cook.


I blame it on my mother. (Hi mom, love ya, but rice, peas and kielbasa mixed together isn't exactly cooking.)


[**side note to my sisters - take cooking in school or somewhere, you'll need it; your husbands will thank you, trust me.**]


There is something about putting effort into making a meal, that just turns me off (color me lazy.) I have a long list of items at the grocery store, that I will not buy because they are "to hard" to prepare; such as any fruit or veggie that requires a knife.


In fact, we had watermelon and pineapple recently, but only because my wonderful, superwoman mother-in-law bought it, cut it up and packaged it for me. Otherwise, it would have rotted in my fridge.


However, tonight I made a break through. I had to go to the store to pick up some juice to mix with my "tasty" diet shakes, and decided I wanted some fruits and veggies for snacks. Watermelon was on sale, I bought it! along with some celery on the stalk, not the pre-cut kind. Oh, and some lettuce, but I did buy the pre-package kind.


[**in my mind I am thinking: I am so proud of you Judie, but will you actually cut it and eat it?**]


When I got home I took my goodies to the kitchen and got the big knife, the cutting board and some napkins and cut into the watermelon. It was so easy, I can't believe it. I just cut it up and put it into zip locks. No big deal. Then I washed the celery and cut it up also. Again, it was so easy.




Why in the world was I afraid of this? Today, cutting fruit and veggies, next maybe a full meal?

No comments:

Post a Comment