Sunday, July 25, 2010

The Sunday Seven


Sunday Seven


 a recap of the week and other serendipitous moments. 


  1. Baby Shark goes to dinner, which brought up a discussion as to whether The Big Mouth Blue Frog Story was dinnertime appropriate. In case you have no idea what Baby Shark is check it out here. If you have never heard me tell the Big Mouth Blue Frog story, please let me know, I'll be happy to share it with you.
  2. Trying to substitute protein shakes for lunch, instead of food from the Cafeteria. I can't stand the taste of the shake, they are supposed to be vanilla. So I mixed them with Naked Juice, it makes them much more palatable. 
  3. SYTYCD, no one went home! I think it is time for Jose to go, I am sorry. He just isn't as good as other B-Boys they have had on previous seasons. 



  4. The Force is with me. I needed to give my hips a rest so, I was brave and put my CGM sensor in my arm. Yes, it is out there for the world to see. I prefer NexCare Waterproof Tattoo bandaids to hold the sensor in place. I love that they do not leave any sticky residue on my transmitter. However, they are stinkin' hard to find. Thankfully Rite Aid had one style available; Star Wars. It's not very feminine, but hey maybe Yoda can send some good vibes to my blood sugars? 
  5. D-Feast Friday. While I did not participate, many did, and I found some tasty blood sugar friendly recipes to try. Thanks to Karen, Elizabeth and Lorraine for organizing this event. See the recipes here
  6. Next Step: Snowplow Sam!
  7. The best place to spend a hot California summer day is at the ICE RINK. That is exactly what Miss A and I did. It was her first time ice skating and she did awesome. I am so excited to be the pushy Auntie and get her in lessons. This morning though I am sore and realizing that while watching Miss A skate may be fun, skating myself is not such a good idea. 
  8. The Miss California Coed pageant was this weekend. Good luck to all the young ladies, you are going to have so much fun! Wish I could have been there to cheer you on. Please let me know who wins. 
Tomorrow is Monday, have a good week everyone!




No comments:

Post a Comment