The Sunday Seven
a recap of the week and other serendipitous moments
- I am no longer a Women of Faith group leader, unfortunately. I just don't have the time to put into it. However, I still plan on attending the WoF conference in Anaheim next month. If you've never attended a WoF conference I highly recommend it. This year's theme is Imagine! Imagine what it would be like if the God who created us was willing and able to provide exactly what we need. Why would He do that? Because He loves us. He loves YOU. Imagine that.
- We went to Cafe Sevilla, because I wanted seafood bisque and they have the best seafood bisque with a baked puff-pastry crown garnished tableside with sherry. Which, they were out of. So, we made it at home, without the pastry and I've decided to share the recipe; 1 can Campbell's cheddar cheese soup, 1 can Campbell's Tomato soup, 1/4 cup cream, 1 cup half and half, 1/4 cup imitation crab, and 1 tablespoon worcestershire sauce. Optional; cream sherry to taste. Mix together in a pot and bring to a boil stirring occasionally. Serves 2-3. Nutrition Facts: 427 Calories, 16.4g Carbohydrates, 17.5g Protein.
- Registered for Fall semester. I still was unable to get the science classes I need to finish. I am waitlisted for Chemistry. The community college system is inadequate to meet my needs, I plan to transfer as soon as possible.
- Operation Sweet Dreams is an organization dedicated to making a difference in the community by providing free pajamas, toothbrushes, and books to children in low-income areas. I was blessed to be able to help them with a Sweet Dreams Boutique at Solutions for Change in Vista, where the children and families staying there got to "shop" for their new pajamas. It was a wonderful experience. Please check out the OSD website or Like them on Facebook.
- I got my first JDRF Walk for a Cure team member, only 49 more to go! Thank you Matthew!
- The weigh in did not go so well this week. I am trying not to be discouraged. Next weeks menu includes; lots of Dreyer's all fruit popsicles. I brought Coconut, Pineapple and Strawberry flavors.
- I downloaded the new Newboys CD on Itunes. Their song Born Again made it to #4 on the Billboard Charts, beating Justin Beiber and Eminem. I love seeing wholesome music recognized in the mainstream. It is such an important message they're sharing.