Sunday, August 22, 2010

The Sunday Seven



The Sunday Seven
a recap of the week and other serendipitous moments








  1. Have you heard of the Pepsi Refresh Project? Pepsi is giving away millions in grants to fund good ideas to make the world a better place. Please join me to help a very deserving young lady earn one of these grants. You can visit her blog here, or click below to vote. Thanks!  
  2. IBC Highland is having a Young Women's conference on Friday and Saturday. It's titled A Lovely Spirit. I am looking forward to it. I would love to have you join me. Find out more here.
  3. Worked the phone bank for the KOLA Cares for Kids radiothon. It was so much fun! Very cool experience and we raised boatloads for the Loma Linda Children's Hospital. 
  4. I am considering taking adult skating lessons again. Not because I have dreams of being Michelle Kwan or anything like that, but because it is good exercise. Since I despise the gym, so much I need an effective substitute. Plus, it will give me something to do when Miss A starts taking lessons.
  5. The Miss Route 66 pageant is this weekend. This is a super fun 50's, Red, White and Blue theme pageant. Winners are expected to attend the Route 66 Rendezvous and other Route 66 activities throughout the year. 
  6. Have you ever heard of Smashwords? It is basically an online publishing house. They will publish your manuscript for FREE and it is possible to have it available for purchase through the IBookstore thing and Kindle. It is very cool. 
  7. Took some pictures of Sheila today, I think I got a few good ones to enter for next years page-a-day dog calendar.

No comments:

Post a Comment