Saturday, August 28, 2010

Grow Where you are Planted

Have you ever been in a place in your life where you were dissatisfied? Are you looking for a change of scenery? Is the grass greener on the other side? I am pretty sure we all face these moments in our lives and the bible gives us clear instructions on how to handle them. So why is it so hard to follow those instructions?

I've been wanting more from life lately, Mr. Harer and I have been married 5 years. I am still in school. We have debt :( Nearly all of my peers have started families. I feel behind the curve. I want what they have!

I was talking to Mr. Harer earlier; asking him if maybe we are missing the point. We've made the collective decision to wait to have children until; I am done with school, our debts are smaller, and my HbA1c is stable. But what if we are wrong? I look around at friends and family who seem to have what I want and they're still in school (or never went to begin with), they have debts, sure they don't have D on their plates, but they have other issues. If they somehow manage, why can't we?

I had a dream last night. It is a dream I frequently have. I am not willing to share what it was about (No, it was not dirty.) But it did remind me of those fabulous verses that teach us to be content with what we have. I am nearly crying (okay I am crying, as I write this) because I want what I want, but I know God tells us he knows the desire of our hearts and will give us exceedingly, abundantly more than we could ever imagine. So while I wait for God's perfect timing I will take comfort in these verses.

Philippians 4:11 ~ I  am not saying this because I am in need, for I have learned to be content whatever the circumstances. 

1 Timothy 6:8 ~ For if we have food and clothing, we will be content with that.

Hebrews 13:5 ~ Let your conversations be without covetousness; and be content with the things you have, for he promised, I will never leave you, nor forsake you.

Psalm 37:4-5 ~ Take delight in the Lord, and he will give you your heart's desires. Commit everything you do to the Lord. Trust Him and He will help you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment