The Sunday Seven
a recap of the week and other serendipitous moments
- An archeological find near Jerusalem confirms the story of Samson and the Philistines. They also found proof of the earthquake discussed in Amos 1:1. You can read the whole story here. I am always excited when science/history and the Bible agree.
- The weigh in this week went much better. I am down 2lbs. which is exactly what I have my calorie count set for losing. My first goal is now 25lbs away. I am trying to decide what kind of reward I want for reaching my goal, which BTW will put my BMI back into a healthy range. If you have any suggestions please share them in the comments section. Thanks!
- We've been cooking at home this week and it has been GREAT! Mr. Harer has made Caesar Salad twice from scratch, he is still perfecting the recipe, but I promise when it is perfect I will share it with my wonderful readers. In the meantime here is our recipe for our favorite quick easy dinner, Texas Hash. 1 cup minute rice. 1 can stewed tomatoes, 1 lbs ground beef or turkey, a dash of Lawry's seasoning. Brown the ground beef/turkey and season with Lawry's. Drain grease and add the rice and the juice only from the can of tomatoes. Then fill the can up with water (while the tomatoes are still inside) and add to the skillet. Bring to a boil. Once it starts to boil turn off the heat, cover and let sit for 7 minutes. Tada! It's done, serve and enjoy.
- 4-H is cool! My littlest sister is participating in the local 4-H, she raised 2 pigs and a couple of turkeys and showed them at the fair this week. I had no idea how much community support there is for these 4-H kids. I also had no idea how much kids learn from the 4-H program. Littlest Sister has learned, responsibility, money management, animal care, and networking skills, not to mention showmanship. I am very proud of her accomplishments.
- The Women of Faith Blog Hop is now Women of Faith Talk Back. Every Monday in their newsletter they will offer a devotional and a Talk Back relating to it. Simply read the devotional, then answer the Talk Back question in your blog. Find out more here.
- I am a certifiable crazy dog lady. I cannot get enough of cute dog pictures. I have my daily dog calendar, but that is not enough, so to fulfill my cuteness quota I visit ihasahotdog. PS, I love the Cheezburger network.
- Mr. Harer and I have been married five years! Boy, time flies when your having fun, or something like that.
|All images by Bleu Cotton Photography|