The Sunday Seven
a recap of the week and other serendipitous moments
- Happy World Diabetes Day! - World Diabetes Day (WDD) is celebrated every year on November 14. The World Diabetes Day campaign is led by the International Diabetes Federation (IDF) and its member associations. It engages millions of people worldwide in diabetes advocacy and awareness. World Diabetes Day was created in 1991 by the International Diabetes Federation and the World Health Organization in response to growing concerns about the escalating health threat that diabetes now poses. World Diabetes Day became an official United Nations Day in 2007 with the passage of United Nation Resolution 61/225. The campaign draws attention to issues of paramount importance to the diabetes world and keeps diabetes firmly in the public spotlight. This year sees the second of a five-year campaign that will address the growing need for diabetes education and prevention programmes.
- The Ice Town Holiday Recital will be held Tuesday Dec 7th at 5:30p. This is a free event, so please feel free to come out and watch me skate.
- Sheila had her yearly check-up this week. She weighs a staggering 21.5lbs. Yes, people my dog is a fatty.
- Speaking of weight, since I started skating again I have lost 6 pounds. Hooray for exercise.
- It is windy season here in the IE, so time to break out the heavy lotions and chapstick, otherwise my skin ends up drier than the Sahara.
- Happy Birthday to Miss A, she turns 4 this week. Mr. Harer and I plan to take her to see Tangled at the El Capitan Theatre.
- I am craving the crab bisque from Tracy's Crab Shack in Juneau, Alaska. Seriously Mr. Harer and I had the best crab at this little shack on the cruise ship pier, about 3 years ago. I would fly to Alaska just to eat there. They do have an online store that will ship king crab legs and crab bisque, but the shipping is more $$$ than the food. I've decided it is worth it.