Tuesday, November 9, 2010

D-Blog Day 2010

So apparently I didn't get the memo and my D-Blog Day post is a day late.

Yesterday was D-blog day, Gina at Diabetes Talkfest started this wonderful idea on November 9, 2005 to unite bloggers and spread awareness about type 1 diabetes.


This years topic is 6 things you want people to know about diabetes


1. It's not easy. Just because I have a pump it doesn't mean that taking care of my diabetes doesn't require my attention, it's not on autopilot. 


2. I don't like it.  It's true, if I had a choice I would not choose diabetes. 


3. Low Blood Sugar means I need to eat something sweet. High Blood Sugar means I need more insulin. Salt has nothing to do with blood sugar levels.


4. Diabetes impacts the lives of my family and friends. 


5. There is no cure for type 1 diabetes, in other words insulin is not a cure!


6. People with diabetes can have safe healthy pregnancies and their children will not necessarily have diabetes.

No comments:

Post a Comment