Saturday, December 4, 2010

Wonder


December 4 – Wonder. How did you cultivate a sense of wonder in your life this year? (Author: Jeffrey Davis)
I read my bible, I look around at what God has created and I am always left with a sense of amazement. The God who made the heavens and the earth loves me. How could this fact not cultivate wonder?

I think, that sense of wonder might have been what David was feeling when he wrote (sung?) Psalm 118.

I come across these amazing little fact about human anatomy, genetics, the earth or animals and I just think how cool, God planned this all to work exactly this way.  

Did you know that the oldest living tree, an ancient bristlecone pine named Methuselah is around 3,000 years old. Coincidence? I think not. 

 We live in a wonderful world, despite all the negative, scary things that happen around us. You just need to open your eyes to see it. 

Ancient Bristlecone Pine, by Philip Greenspun

No comments:

Post a Comment