Thursday, December 9, 2010

Two in One

Two reverb prompts in one post! Hooray :)


December 8 – Beautifully Different. Think about what makes you different and what you do that lights people up. Reflect on all the things that make you different – you’ll find they’re what make you beautiful. (Author: Karen Walrond)
Operation Beautiful, transforming the way you see yourself one post-it note at a time.
I spent the years between age 15-19 battling bulimia. It wasn't pretty and I was really sick. I don't think I'm ready to share everything I experienced recovering, both physically and emotionally from it, but as a result of that struggle I am able to see myself as the beautiful creation that only a master artist could produce. I know I have a purpose in this life and that purpose is not dependent on being like everyone else. I agree that my differences are what make me beautiful, but it's not physical differences; it's the love of Christ shining in and through me that truly makes me beautiful. 


December 9 – Party Prompt: Party. What social gathering rocked your socks off in 2010? Describe the people, music, food, drink, clothes, shenanigans. (Author: Shauna Reid)


Seriously, I am supposed to have a social life? I don't think I even went to any parties in 2010..... That is kinda sad. I did go a PJ packing party for Operation Sweet Dreams, which was really fun. I hung out with some old friends and put together tote bags filled with PJ's, a toothbrush and a storybook for underprivileged kids all over Southern California. Of course since Operation Sweet Dreams is a Pepsi grant recipient, Pepsi provided the beverages and we had pizza for lunch. 






Speaking of Pepsi grants, please remember to vote. 



http://operationbeautiful.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment