Friday, December 3, 2010

Alive in 2010



December 3 – Moment. Pick one moment during which you felt most alive this year. Describe it in vivid detail. (Author: Ali Edwards)


For about 2 years now, I've been suffering from terrible pain from microvascular disease in my legs (my calves actually, but typing calves looked funny.) For the longest time the doctors couldn't figure out what was causing the pain, finally they did and gave me medication to help. 


I'd been on the meds for about 2 months when Mr. Harer and I went to Yosemite in October. I was able to take several hikes, without having severe pain. It was so incredible to be back in Yosemite in the fall and able to appreciate my surroundings without having to focus on how much pain I was in. The air seemed cooler, the trees smelled sweeter, the sound of the wind in the trees less scary and more soothing. 


It rained the first night we were in Yosemite and it was very cold, so that limited our adventures, however we did hike to Taft Point and the Fissures. I am looking forward to our trip at the end of May. I am soooo going to conquer Half Dome in 2011. 

No comments:

Post a Comment