Wednesday, September 8, 2010

A Diabetes Meme

I've been a bad blogger again, it has been forever and a day since my last post. I have excuses, but I will spare you all the drama.


Kerri posted this Meme on her blog today and it inspired me to join in. Ya'll know how much I love meme's and this one is right up my alley!


What type of diabetes do you have: Type 1 

When were you diagnosed:  October 29th 1985 (this year will be my Silver Anniversary with the D) 

What's your current blood sugar:  Ugh let me go test since the sensor transmitter is LOST. Yikes 208! but I have 4u IOB (translation for my non-d peeps: 4 units of "insulin on board", still active in my system.) and I am about 1hr 15 min post-prandial. 




What kind of meter do you use:  Pink One Touch Mini, it has to be pink!

How many times a day do you test your blood sugar:  8-10 on a normal day. 





What's a "high" number for you:  Anything over 150 mg/dl, although technically my pump it set to treat anything over 120, because someone's endo is CRAZY. 

What's do you consider "low":  Anything under 60 mg/dl.  

What's your favorite low blood sugar reaction treater:  Depends, but there are 3 usual suspects; Naked Orange juice, Hi-Chews and ShotBloks. I have glucose tabs, but I try to avoid actually eating them.

Describe your dream endo:  Dr. Scott Lee. Truly, my endo is great. Best I've ever had.  and my CDE isn't bad either. 
Dr. Lee


What's your biggest diabetes achievement:  Living with it 25 years, complication free. 

What's your biggest diabetes-related fear:  Kidney failure. 

Who's on your support team: Gerry, Bunny, Scott & Joe (if you don't know them, don't ask), and Grandparent's Lansdell. 

Do you think there will be a cure in your lifetime: I keep hoping. There is some promising research out there and I am 100% certain there will be an artificial pancreas in the near future. I know it's not a cure, but it's so close. 

What is a "cure" to you:  A cure means I would not have diabetes any longer. My body would produce it's own insulin and regulate it's own blood sugars.

The most annoying thing people say to you about your diabetes is:  There is a lot that people say to me that annoys me. Mostly I hate having to explain myself to people who aren't really interested. 

What is the most common misconception about diabetes:  That it's curable and since I still have it, I must be lazy.  

If you could say one thing to your pancreas, what would it be:  What kind of question is this? What makes you think I'd talk to that lazy organ? I am giving her the cold shoulder.


~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
I'd like to add a few additional questions to this meme, so here they are;


Do you name your diabetes management devices? No, but maybe I should because then I could call them by name when there are lost, like the darn transmitter is. 



Favorite Diet Soda? Diet Code Red Mt. Dew 


Diagnosis Blood Sugar? over 1000 mg/dl


and lastly Diabetic Crush? I am not sure I have a diabetic crush, at least not in the traditional sense of having a crush. Charlie Kimball is cute though :)







No comments:

Post a Comment