Wednesday, May 16, 2012

D-Blog Week - Action Plan


"Yesterday we gave ourselves and our loved ones a big pat on the back for one thing we are great at.  Today let’s look at the flip-side.  We probably all have one thing we could try to do better.  Why not make today the day we start working on it.  No judgments, no scolding, just sharing one small thing we can improve so the DOC can cheer us on!"

Today's topic is much easier for me than yesterday's was, which is kind of sad.... 
I am notoriously bad at treating low BGs. Half the time I ignore it until my husband tells me to go treat, the other half of the time I treat with inappropriate foods. Usually something high fat, but super tasty. 
Some of my favorite "low" treats.
Starting today I am going to make an effort to treat my lows with glucose tabs. I have to be specific here, otherwise I will manipulate whatever I want to eat into magically becoming "fast acting" carbs. In addition to treating with glucose tabs, I am going to follow the rule of 15 to the best of my ability. 
One of favorite flavors of tabs (the other is watermelon)


No comments:

Post a Comment