Saturday, July 9, 2011

Accident Prone

My mother misnamed me. I was named after both my Grandmothers;  Judith April Earhart and Elizabeth Ann Lansdell, however I should have been named Jane....

As in Calamity Jane

*not my x-rays
I've always been accident prone. Like the time when I was around 7 years old and my grandparents were coming to visit from Arizona. I tripped over some electrical thing, with sharp edges, and needed 8 stitches across my 2nd-3rd toes.

Or when I was 11 years old, at my grandparents house in Arizona, I fell off a dead tree and broke the radius and ulna and my left arm.

How about when I lost my glasses on the Mist Trail in Yosemite, and had to hike 3 mi. back to the valley nearly blind.

Just in the past year, I have broken my scaphoid, tripped over a curb and tore up my knee. Today I ripped my pants while skating.

It seems I am always one step away from catastrophe. I should be bubble wrapped and wear a helmet. The good news, bubble wrap is available in pink!

No comments:

Post a Comment