It's only the second day of nursing school and I've caught a cold! But that doesn't mean I can stay home and rest, so I loaded up on zinc lozenges and hand sanitizer and went to class.
Like I mentioned yesterday, I've made some new friends at school and it is inevitable that new friends ask questions about my diabetes. So I thought I would share how I answer some of the innocent questions that curious friends ask.
- "Is there anything I need to know, if you have an emergency?"
- "How does your pump work?"
- "How can you tell if your blood sugar is off?"
- "So you can eat whatever you want?"
- "Why pizza?"
- "Ugh! Why are you having pizza for lunch? Now, you're making me nervous!"