Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Flashback Wednesday


Sister C and I loved this 1966 NBC made for TV movie, called Alice Through the Looking Glass. I have no idea how we came across the movie as children, but we wore out the Blockbusters copy.

Some very famous actors are among the cast, including Jimmy Durante as Humpty Dumpty  and Jack Palance as the Jabberwocky.

My favorite part of the movie is in the Royal Garden, when Lester the Court Jester sings "Please Keep on the Grass" and when Alice reaches the castle to be crowned queen.

I spent years looking for it and waiting for it to come out on DVD; finally last year it was available. Mr. Harer and I bought it and oh my goodness it is super cheesy! I was almost embarrassed while watching it, and I felt bad for putting my grandparent through countless viewings. 

What "classics" from your childhood do you remember fondly, but wonder what why you ever liked it in the first place?

No comments:

Post a Comment